Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Wyoming resident
- Recipients are only eligible for the API Scholarship four (4) times.
- Fill out the application completely, either typed or written in a legible hand in blue or black ink.*
- Attach an official grad transcript and typed written statement including post-graduate plans and estimated cost for education each year.*
- Any additional information the applicant feels may be helpful to us in considering the application.
- Please do not staple any papers.
- Mail completed application to:
American Petroleum Institute
P.O. Box 261
Casper, WY 82602
*Required items needed to complete application process. Not including these items may result in disqualification of application.
Download the 2020 Scholarship Application & Requirements
API’s mission is to influence public policy in support of a strong, viable U.S. oil and natural gas industry essential to meet the energy needs of consumers in an efficient, environmentally responsible manner.
As the U.S. oil and natural gas industry’s primary trade association, API:
- Engages in federal and state legislative and regulatory advocacy that is based on scientific research; technical legal and economic analysis; and public issues communication.
- Provides an industry forum to develop consensus policies and collective action on issues impacting its members.
- Works collaboratively with all industry oil and gas associations, and other organizations, to enhance industry unity and effectiveness in its advocacy.
API also provides the opportunity for standards development, technical cooperation and other activities to improve the industry’s competitiveness through sponsorship of self-supporting programs.